Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Not a lot happening but I still manage to keep it long-winded in the interest of time. My time. That I'm trying to waste.

Just normal snickers, kids, nothing to see here. Chew and swallow quickly and here's a cup of water. You'll thank me when you don't get malaria.

Vera agreed to model for me. Mom, you could add this to your "doors" board on pinterest!
Nanamma making the kids French fries. Vera is upset that we didn't bring gravy. "Wait no, what's that clear one? Vinegar."

Selfie-ish

The Jolly Rodger

Kids doing dangerous things. Fun fact: I never wanted my kid to have a skateboard. I also insisted we NOT pack it. 

Vera is making sweeping generalizations while doing some yard work. 

An unoccupied auto. I should've taken it for a spin, maybe picked up a few fares. 

Another picture of monkeys but these ones sure aren't jumping on the bed. They're asleep before supper. No biggie because we've been having second breakfast and elevensies.

Noms

I wish there was a park I could take the kids to- with swings. Raja said if there were swings here, people would dismantle them and sell the pieces so they could buy food. No pools or beaches. This summery winter is quite the tease. 
My next photography goal is to take a pic of the squirrels here. They look exactly like chipmunks but with a fluffy tail. Or just a google search would do it. Same diff. 

 Vera just cried that she saw a flying spider. It was one of the big bertha mosquitoes (latin name) and it was stalking her. Reached for the zapping swatter and turned back to discover it was gone. Hidden. Lurking. That's always the way. These guys switch the ceiling fans on when the bugaboos start to bite and the one in the "girls' bedroom" as seen above, has two settings: off or hurricane winds. It's like one of those high powered hand dryers in public restrooms that make your hands look like the skin is flapping right off. Raja said he feels like he's on a helicopter ride in this room. But I love sleeping to the tune of white noise and with a big fan so it's perfect for me! 
Their mattresses and pillows are made by Raja' s mom from this stuff that grows in big pods on the trees out front. So. ... not memory foam? I asked incredulously. Those pods are "ripe" now so Raja knocked some down from the tree and we opened them up. Its like super silky cotton but where's the remote where I program my sleep number? 
Anyway, I'm hoping for busier days ahead- if not for the precious memories than for some blog fodder. ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment