Friday, January 9, 2015

Stuff and Things

I've been trying to upload photos all day and the stupid thing just keeps telling me there's only 9 more to back up. If only I had some sort of tech support. Perhaps a man who knows how to fix everything and has an uncanny understanding of technologies and internets and devices and the like. Oh well,  I'm sure it 'll come to me. It does't help that there's a scheduled power cut every day for about a half an hour, plus multiple bonus power outages throughout the day. My in-laws' generator runs some lights and ceiling fans but not the router. Wut?! Priorties, guys. We must accept other people's differences. Even when they are so very, very misguided. Jokes, of course. Raja's family is so accepting and patient with me.
When I was an exchange student in Germany, I remember frequent miscommunication and misunderstandings that resulted in hard feelings. I'm so glad that's not the case here. Phew!
My heart just wasn't in my workout today. I was staring at the moon and stars and thinking about how far from home we are. It's a yucky feeling because I'm not really one for traveling. My favourite places to go are: the Y, from my kitchen to my living room and sometimes my mom's house, especially when there's a turkey dinner involved.  This place is too far! 
Anyway, the side effects from my malaria prophylaxis pills are getting to be too much for me. I'm going to start cheeking them. I'd rather take my chances with malaria. Raja and the kids seem fine, thank goodness. Anyway, better days ahead, I'm sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment