Friday, January 21, 2011

Pics from the Road and The Girls' First Haircuts

Even though taking pictures from inside a moving vehicle with the window up produced very poor quality pictures, we just kept on doing it! And here they are for your viewing pleasure you to look at:

The temple that was on the way to the temple up that mountain.

I am not a fan of heights. Ever see Ice Road Truckers in India on the History Network?
Women at a fruit stand


A little boy
Hats for sale
These houses make me feel sad.






But here I am being happy even though I'm cleaning my child's vomit with a baby wipe at the side of the road. This bowl came in handy for three different kids on that trip!


Yesterday was a special day for my three darling daughters. They each got their first haircut even though only one of them actually needed it! I have my own little wisps of blond hair saved from my first haircut and Ammon's little curls from his first haircut, so I wanted to save the girls' hair too. I don't have Raja's but I guess I could use a lint roller under the couch cushions and then just pretend.

My big girl sitting in the hair salon chair I invented.

Guess who was crying big, fat, mommy tears right then? She looks so grown up now!

Look at that wistful look on her angelic face! PS The dress I'm wearing is free to a good home. At the dump.

Teja had a pouty face here because she was expecting to see a long ponytail cut off like Maya's. You wish, pal!

Vera was crying because she knew that she didn't need a haircut and it was stupid of her parents to insist she have one just so it could be on the same day as her older sisters. Wise words, baby. PS She looks the same!


After the eleventy years of haircutting were over,  things got even crazier. I agreed to having the girls' ears pierced here with the caveat that we would use Emla to numb the heck out of those lobes first. Raja neglected to purchase said Emla because he is stingy forgetful. After the pen dots were coloured on Maya's not-numb earlobes, she proceeded to flip the heck out. Maybe that pen was a little too pointy for her taste? So when this nice lady tried to pierce her right ear (using that little gun  that they do at the Mall back home) the earring ended up well north of the coloured on dot. So what did we do? Tie her down and pierce the left ear too high up on her lobe too.........................................................................................................?
Nope, we had to take that earring out and let her ear heal and never, ever pierce her ear(s) again- at her request. Or maybe I'll be in charge of the Emla purchase next time. When we're at the mall. And Maya is 16.

And finally, just for fun:










In case you didn't believe me about that cockroach. There's actually two in there today. I think they  might be brothers.


Ciao!






Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment